If you have never climbed, this course is for you. The lessons are aimed for you to become a safe and autonomous climber. This means that at the end of the course, you will be able to sign in on your own to any climbing centre, and enjoy climbing on your own or with friends. The course is covering two types of climbing, top rope climbing, and bouldering. Some people will require up to around 3 lessons in order to be confident and safe.
The course will cover the following materials:
– How to warm up and stretch
– The different climbing disciplines
– How to wear a harness
– How to tie a rope to a harness
– How to belay for top rope climbing
– The different types of hand and foot holds
– How to abseil back down
– Climbing techniques for slab and steeper walls
– How to anchor yourself when belaying on a top rope
If you are booking a beginners session, it is necessary to have 2 beginners to do the course, so that one person climbs, while the other learns how to belay safely.